So you want to know about our Jun Superstars?
This week, our Superstar spotlight shines on Raw Honey whom we consider to be the mega-rockstar of our Jun Elixirs. Raw honey is not only responsible for the delicious, slightly sweet and effervescent quality of our Jun, it also adds the Prebiotic and Probiotic element as well!
Raw Honey’s resume is as long as the lists for why sunlight and water are good for you. There is a reason why it is considered to be the most ancient sweetener, why there are indigenous populations who have built their entire existence around honey and beekeeping, why science calls it a nutraceutical agent (meaning that its health benefits have been proven, even in the realm of treating and preventing diseases) and why we at Shanti Elixirs source only the best and the highest quality of local, raw-honey for our Jun.
Did You Know: The sugars in honey are sweeter and give more energy than artificial sweeteners!
Here is a very small list of the benefits of adding Raw Honey to your diet:
- Raw Honey is rich in the Minerals: Sodium (Na), Calcium (Ca), Potassium (K), Magnesium (Mg) Phosphorus (P), Selenium (Se), Copper (Cu), Iron (Fe), Manganese (Mn) Chromium (Cr), Zinc (Zn) and the Vitamins: Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pantothenic Acid (B5), Pyridoxine (B6), Folic Acid (B9), Ascorbic Acid (C) and Phylloquinone (K). The list doesn’t stop there! Honey is also packed with micronutrients and trace minerals that includes a lot of the periodic table!
- Raw Honey is also an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal meaning that it helps to heal wounds, helps to break down bacteria and also helps your body to fight off inflammation which plays a central role in some of our most challenging diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, cancer and heart disease. Raw honey treats wounds from abrasions, surgery, bed sores, infections and ulcers. You can even put it on your sunburns ! Wild honey is an antiseptic too and prevents the growth of harmful microorganisms.
- Raw honey helps to cure coughs while acting as a soothing agent for sore throats. It has been scientifically proven to help those suffering from upper respiratory infections AND it also helps with seasonal allergies. A few teaspoonfuls of local, raw honey a few times a day during the peak of allergy season helps to alleviate many of the stressful symptoms that come with allergies. Plus, if your honey is local and wild, you will be consuming the very flowers and pollens that are tickling your nostrils.
- Raw honey has been known to promote good digestive health, fight indigestion and strengthen the immune system since time immemorial.
- Studies have shown that honey can be eaten as a complete meal because it contains major components of a meal, and micronutrients that will enhance the digestion and absorption of these major dietary components, as well as those required for metabolism and body functions.
- Some of honey’s smaller claims is that it helps in treating acne and even helps to prevent premature aging.
With that last bullet we are dropping the mic and walking away. Raw honey can help to prevent premature aging?! WHAT?! (Further research indicates that when honey is added to a face mask its antioxidant properties help to promote an effect by opening the pores to expel dirt. A skin tightening effect follows which has been proven to immediately reduce wrinkles.)
While that last claim might be about the aging of the face, think about the many benefits that raw honey would be adding to your gut and overall health. Think of all of raw honey’s disease fighting properties and its highly nutritious value. Think of how much work it does for you thereby adding years to your life because of how effective it is in helping your immune system. If all of these claims don’t help with premature aging then tell us what does (With the exception of sunlight and water of course).